View Single Post
Old
06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
IMO that's really the #1 issue: do you get a higher ranking if you have a few aces at the top or if you have a bunch of face cards? IMO, the Kings have a bunch of face cards and no aces...but having weak goalie prospects has to hurt their ranking alot. Also, I think Grebeshkov has dropped significantly from sure-fire top 2 Dman blue chip prospect to more of a question mark. I'm not giving up on him by any means but he is far from the sure thing he's been talked about for the last couple years. If he had progressed on schedule, I'd have more complaints about the Kings being #8.

That said, I agree the Preds are highly questionable at #5. Any top prospect list that includes Brian Finley isn't overly impressive. He's a decent prospect but injuries and inconsistency have removed him from a list like that IMO...he just hasn't developed well enough for a kid who's going to be 24 in a month.
I am in that group of Monarch fans while frustrated with Grebeshkov i am not ready to give up on him. He is still young and he has all the abilty in the world to turn it around and be the player everyone knows he can be. As its been pointed out allready look at Lehoux. he was pretty much in the same boat as Grebs after the 03-04 season. A kid with all kinds of talent who either couldnt show it or was not capable of it and he stepped up bigtime before his unfortunate injury.
I believe Grebs can do it. But it is totally up to him. The 05-06 season is going to be a very big season to show that he does belong not only consitered as a top prospect but as a future top pairing guy with the LA Kings or another NHL team.