View Single Post
Old
06-06-2005, 12:47 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
I had a little time over the weekend to take a closer look at Grebeshkov’s regular season numbers. According to the Pointstreak Gamesheets at the ahl.com, he had 5-goals and 43-assists. His season totals indicated he had 5-goals and 44-assists during the regular season. I’ve checked a couple of times and keep coming up with 43-assists???

Here’s the breakdown:

Goals:

2-Even Strength
3-Power Play
0-Shorthanded

Assists:

7-First
9-Second
11-First Power Play
16-Second Power Play

Basically, 18-even strength points and 30-power play points…

He had 11-multiple point games including:

One 2-goal game
Two 3-point games
Nine 2-point games

Longest scoring drought was 5-games, games 4-8 (inclusive). The team went 4-1 scoring 19 goals and allowing 6. During the stretch, the team scored 10-PP goals and Grebeshkov was on the ice for 6 of them, he just didn’t figure into the scoring sheet. Grebeshkov was a 0 in the +/- over the 5-game stretch…

He had 3 stretches of scoreless in 4-games, 31-34; 48-51; 57-61 (DNP game 60)…
Also had some 3-game, 2-game, and single games off of the scoresheet…

Longest points streak was 3-games, he did it twice. He had points in 2 consecutive games 9-times over the course of the season…

Was reported to be out with flu like symptoms for games 53 & 54 ( Feb 19 & 20) but was at the arena both nights. Typically, the Monarchs trainer Chris Kingsley sends the guys home and gets them away from the team when they really have “flu like symptoms”…Speculation around the arena was that he was benched due to poor play…Actually in NHL speak it would be a benching. In AHL speak; he was likely “rested”…

The distribution of his scoring between even strength and power play is pretty much where I expected it to be. I wasn't really surprised by the frequency of scoring droughts either. I think some of it was typical for the team as a whole and some was the result of the inconsistency typical of AHL players and young rookies...