View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman View Post
Am I the only thinking we are only going to be seeing Mike Smith and Dan Ellis of the rest of the season?

I don't think Yzerman really wants to trade anyone away unless he's getting a good deal from another time. Maybe a straight up goalie for goalie trade with another team to clear up some cap space would be an ideal trade for SFY.

It seems Yzerman doesn't think we will be going far(playoffs) this year. As i'm sure he would want to make a trade soon because we are losing too many games because of our lack of goaltending. I would imagine this is also disheartening for the rest of players since most of the games they play their ass off, and to lose a game because of crappy goaltending would be frustrating especially for the defenders.
Unfortunatly I too have come to this realisation. (this does not mean I cannot still make posts hopeing SFY does something) but with 5mith on the last year of his contract there is a good chance SFY lets him play out this year and then looks to do something in the offseason. Maybe he tries to do something at the deadline but I think SFY knows there really is no quick fix that will not end up hurting us. (trading a prospect or high pick) So there is a very good chance the first 25 games is an idea of what the remaining games will look like for us.