View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
majormet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Growing up part of the fun of being a big time fan of a time was imagining trades, pretending to be your heros during road hockey and being totally and completely emotionally invested.

I feel bad for today's young Islander fan. Is there really a worse sports choice right now than this? Major we all talk about possible deals, things that make sense for a team and even as adults knowing that because management hasn't even given this chance to succeed is a bitter bitter thing to feel.

To me this team on a day in and day out basis makes me feel almost as bad as the day Ziggy was traded, and that was easily the lowest point in me being an Islander fan.

{end rant}

I think it is nearly the hardest team to be a fan of. I have a bunch of clients in Kansas City (ironically LOL) and they are in their 20's and I talk of how the Royals were a lock on first place in the AL West every year and now .500 is a strange concept. In baseball you don't have a salary cap, so I think being a fan of the KC Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates and Baltimore Orioles would be worse than an Isles fan. Imagine if the Leafs, Rags, and Habs could spend like the Yanks, there would be no hope of ever making the playoffs.

The Islanders could be turned around. They could build another arena without the Lighthouse in the same area as the NVMC, but you would have to turn the team around to begin with. Somewhere between the Milbury style and Snow style at the median is the way to run a hockey team.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote