Thread: Injury Report: Markov, SEASON DONE!
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 06:05 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
He is out for a year.....no chance he will be back for the playoffs. The decision was made so that he does not have to try and rush back and risk another injury.

This is obviously a major blow and it will be interesting to see what we do with him in the off-season. I am sure Markov would love to stay in Montreal but I doubt our offer will be anything above 2 years. I can't see him getting offered anything more from any other team either so I think he will remain a Hab. He just won't be locked up for the rest of his career as we previously thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
walk away Gautheir ...take the cap space and move on

folks we have won without him ....all we need is Campoli at 2- 2.5 and take another cap casualty from another team for example Bieksa from Vancouver who have most of their d UFA

resign Gill for 1-2 years and we are ok

the year after Spacek is up and Tinordi steps in
What have we won without him? All I know is we were eliminated by the Flyers because we could not score a goal when it mattered. Seems like that is something Markov would help.

I think you have things twisted, Gill and Spacek are the easily replaceable players, not Markov.

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-03-2010 at 11:39 PM.
holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote