Thread: Injury Report: Markov, SEASON DONE!
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 09:08 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
For the rest of us, I think the biggest question mark is the length and term of the contract. What do you think is a fair offer and one that Markov would likely take (in your opinion).
I don't know...tough call, but I do think they are going to re-sign him. Both parties are goign to have to meet each other halfway, Markov's camp is going to have to realize that he's missed alot of time the last few years and because of that, won't be able to secure the long term/big money deal he was most likely in line to receive before...

while the Montreal Canadiens camp is going to have to realize that low-balling Markov because of an injury is just going to make negotiations more difficult and it might allow another team to swoop in and pick up a great player at great value.

It's going to have to be give and take on both sides...habs have to show faith in Markov and Markov has to show faith in Habs. What the numbers will look like, I have no idea...

But I do know that low balling or walking away from an important player like Markov sends a VERY bad message to the rest of your team and perspective free agents about how you handle and take care of your players.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote