View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 09:48 PM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
The Flyer's scoring and PP will go through droughts throughout a season because when they don't score pretty goals or have a sniper that is hot there isn't someone there to bang in garbage goals. While the Flyer's may have plenty of guys willing to go in front of the net but only Hartnell really excels at it.

Opponents have caught on that the Flyers were having great success for awhile because they were feeding the points and Pronger, Carle and Kimo could get the puck through to the net. Now, teams seem to be pressuring the points more.

Even at even strength they seem to be getting nice chances but can't finish and there is noone there to bang home a loose puck.

Zherdev has been playing nicely, Nodl is finally reaching his potential and I like having Carcillo on the team to stir things up but I wouldn't mind seeing one of them dealt for a forward with some size. I am not talking about a premier power forward but a decent player that can not be moved easliy from in front of the net. Someone like a Steckel, Clowe or Matt Martin off of the top of my head (I doubt the Caps would deal Steckel to the Flyers but just an example).

JVR for Richard Neal type deal?
calgary could be looking to shake things up, zherdev for jokinen? he could fill the knuble role that has been absent (like our net presence) since he left.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote