View Single Post
Old
12-03-2010, 11:57 PM
saskhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
so what decision was made? Decision about creating World Cup? and Omsk as first city where it will take place?
I can only speculate on how it got confused by the MHL. I know that Russia, led by the KHL and MHL, want this. They proposed it back at the World Hockey Summit in August, and there was some interest in it. The MHL originally thought to host it in St. Petersburg, but now it appears that Omsk is their choice. They've probably just awarded Omsk the event in the case that it happens. But that's the key: it hasn't happened... yet.

Canada has not committed. They haven't said no, just that there are discussions. The IIHF has not committed. They haven't said no, either. It could still happen, but we'll have to see. There was no official decision made on Dec. 1 from the IIHF, like the MHL article said.

I would assume that this is something that will be discussed in greater detail at the World Juniors, as all of the relevant parties will be represented there. I don't know if there will be an announcement during the tournament, but I suppose that would be possible. No side flatly denied they would participate, just that it's in the proposal/discussion stage.

To be honest, I don't know who would be holding this up, or if it has actually been held up. I just sought out the IIHF and Hockey Canada regarding the MHL report, and that's how they responded.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote