View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
I think his comments are completely appropriate. After all, Cecho's poor goaltending wasted all Roenick's clutch goalscoring versus the Senators.
Would this be Roenick's clutch goalscoring while playing on a recently torn ACL or a recently torn triceps muscle? Because I'm sure none of that played a part in his inability to score in either of the last two Sens' series. I mean, who needs the full use of both arms to shoot in hockey, or both legs being at 100% to skate well and fight for position, right? <- right back at ya'

If people are going to ***** about players not scoring, they need to also admit that certain players were playing who maybe shouldn't have (due to injury which affected their abilities to perform), and that certain players who were out with injuries were sorely missed (Desjardins being the prime, and actually only, example here). There is not one single reason the Flyers lost to the Sens last season. Injuries, inconsistent goaltending, no PP, and no goalscoring all contributed.

Thankfully, it's a new season, and now we can move on (I hope) and see what this year brings. As usual, my optimism overflows at the start of the season, so I'm expecting good things, even from JR. Probably puts me at the top of a short list around here...