Old
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
Pens fan here.

I've watched a ton of Bolts games this year and man have they been fun to watch.

I'm usually very hesitant to blame a team's woes on a goalie, but man it can be frustrating watching the Bolts sometimes...there have been many nights this season when the Bolts are well-positioned to win a hockey game (i.e outshooting their opponents by a fair margin and putting up 3-4 goals on the scoreboard) yet they lose thanks to 2-3 softies.

IMO, the Bolts are one average-goaltender away from a pretty being a pretty serious threat (granted, the East boasts a few teams that are very deep top-to-bottom).

If Yzerman isn't at least poking around / sending out feelers regarding the availability of a few goaltenders, then he's not doing hsi job. Somehow I suspect Yzerman is doing his job.
We know dude, thats why we're usually laughing at people who keep blaming the defense. Goaltending has just been brutal to this point. Even league average goaltending could see us 2-3 wins better this year.

Thing is, I bet we could pry Roloson for a third or something and it wouldn't be a big deal. Or maybe a B+ prospect.