Old
12-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Macman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Macman

so ok...
When do training camps start? Before september 4?

You wrote that players are too old.. so ok, What is a age limit in CHL? As I know, it is 20 years.. This world cup has a age limit at 21.

Yes, every junior team rebuilds the roster during summer, not only Memorial champion, but also champion of Sweden etc.

Idea is to send champion of best junior league of country. So Canada should send a Memorial champion, USA - champion of best junior league (I dont follow it, sorry), Sweden - champion of J20 SuperElit etc.

Why do you think that this World cup is not true?
Yeah, I think the CHL opens training camps in late August. Each CHL team is allowed to carry only three 20 years olds so having an age limit of 21 would hurt the CHL badly. The U.S. would really be at a disadvantage because its best players are either in the NCAA or the CHL. Who would they send? A junior A team? Wouldn't be fair to them. Memorial champion or not, the CHL would be left to send mediocre teams at that time of year because they can't use 21 year olds and their best players would be at NHL training camps and unavailable. The format as proposed is really flawed.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote