Old
06-08-2005, 11:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Do you honestly think that we'd have fared as well as the Lightning did. Better yet, do you think our battered forwards and patchwork blueline would've been able to cope with Calgary's speed after the grind with the Leafs, Devils and Tampa...not to mention the numerous concussions etc...Heck, wasn't Esche playing hurt? I could be a little off base there but you can correct me if I'm wrong.
We had a good run after coping with serious injuries and I never once questioned the Flyers heart last year. That being said, Calgary was peaking and playing terrific hockey. Let's not forget that in a perfect hockey world Calgary would've won that series. It's all opinion anyways but I just feel Calgary was healthier and faster and had more left in the tank than we did. Iginla looked pretty awesome and that never hurts.
It's not like Calgary was completely healthy. Matthew Lombardi was handed a season ending concussion, Steve Reinprecht didn't even play, Denis Gauthier was hurt in the opening round and didn't play, and their defense was completely battered and bruised up, they happened to get Toni Lydman, who is their #2 d-man back for the finals and he missed the first 3 rounds with a foot injury.