View Single Post
Old
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Fidel Astro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'll give you Quebec, Winnipeg, Seattle, and Portland. Hamilton is worthy but it would be over Buffalo and Toronto's dead bodies. Regina, maybe. I would want more information. GB, not really. Milwaukee is close by and so if Chicago. Hartford is too damned close to NYC.
Hartford seems to have a lot of support for the return of a team, though, plus they have the NHL/WHA history. The renaming of their AHL team to the Connecticut Whale (along with the change to Whalers-esque colours) also seems to be a pretty big hint that people in Hartford would like the Whalers back.

Regina would be great too, but I can't see a second NHL team popping up on the Prairies if the Jets come back to Winnipeg -- which would definitely happen first due to the ownership/arena/everything coming together. There's certainly support for hockey in Regina, but Saskatchewan, like Manitoba, has a relatively small population despite being a large province, and I think a lot of the criticism Manitoba has faced would be double in SK, because they don't even have the NHL history for reference.