View Single Post
Old
12-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Alternate Jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Since it's due to the new vintage jerseys the Kings are wearing this year, there won't be a name on it. Look at the pictures of the team in the first game against Vancouver. Just the players numbers were on each jersey. So, having the name would be odd, since the current Kings vintage jerseys don't.

That being said, I was at the Chicago game and saw two people at the Trader Vic's with the jerseys. One of them (Kopitar) had it right with just the number on the back, the other (Brown) had both name and number (and it looked weird IMO). So it is possible to have it done. It just wouldn't be correct.
Yeah, I know it won't be technically correct. Historically, they did have names on them, but you're right. None of the current guys have ever worn one with their name on it. I just like it better with their names on them.

I'm not really a big fan of the whole put your own name on the jersey thing, and I'd definitely prefer to have an accurate jersey. But my main preference is to actually have the jersey of a player I want, and I am not a big fan of jerseys that don't have names on them. So I kind of excuse myself from the technical incorrectness. Totally get where you're coming from, though.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote