View Single Post
Old
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Epic fail by Klein right there at the end. That goal is all on him. Everyone is waiting for him to do something and he just stands there. He had all sorts of choices of what to do.

Kick the puck away from the oncoming ATL player.

Hold the puck with his feet until help arrives.

Grab a stick from the bench he is standing right next to.

We talk about how Klein sometimes has brainfarts. That was a major one right there.
I've liked Klein this season, but this is exactly what I was thinking. Rather than kick it behind you without bothering to look first he could have done almost anything. The smartest play would have been just to press the puck against the boards with his skates, shield it with his body, and wait for back up. Grabbing a stick off of the bench might have been dangerous, but a lot less so than blindly passing it behind you. While I think Klein ultimately cost us that last goal, I'm still saying our lack of ability to finish is what cost us the game. O'Reilly had an entire side of the net had he just shown a little more patience, drawn the puck back, and put it there. Ward could have just lifted the puck. No finishers kills us in games like these.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote