Old
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
I'm surprised anybody has vapor XXV's left, I figured they were all gone since the X:?? nomenclature replaced the roman numerals a while back.

The Vapors will fit narrower, especially in the forefoot since it's designed to hold you tightly there and relatively loose around the ankle to give you good mobility. Overall fit-wise, the supremes will be better IMO. The supremes are designed for the power skater, gives you more power per stride while giving up quick side to side movement. Not quite accurate, but think of it as vapors are designed for forwards looking for quick lateral movement and sharp turns. While the supremes are for big defence guys looking for stability/powerful strides.

I don't know much about the vapor XXV's but I think the one70s is where you start getting the composite boot. I know below the TotalOne/One100 skates it's probably fibreglass or something but still composite IIRC. I got myself a pair of supremes (one100s) and they've been wonderful for me. I have slightly wide feet and I couldn't stand the vapor fit at all. I also personally liked how the supremes hold you snugly all around the foot, not just at the forefoot.

Long story short, they're very different skates designed for different players and feet. Go try both.
The Vapours are on clearance at SportChek right now.

What would the XXV be in their line now? X:30?

Sounds like the Vapours would be the better way for me to go with cutting in corners and quick direction changes and general style of play.