View Single Post
Old
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Yeah Kypreos is pretty reliable and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't giddy with excitement hearing this rumour. I've wanted Kaberle in the Habs for 3 years now and if we somehow landed him, I'd probably shriek like a schoolgirl.

Can you imagine the possibilities?

Markov-Kaberle-Subban launching our speedy forwards like a sling shot shift after shift? That kind of deadly cobra-strike offense would put us over imo.

And from what I hear about how Kaberle loves the NE, would like to stay in Toronto (or near??), the Pleka connection, it becomes less and less farfetch.

I'd do something along the lines of Weber and 1st.
Big overpayment.

Burke needs to get a couple things in return and they are not mutually exclusive:

Kaberle is not only one of his only movable assets, but also an important part of their team which needs to be replaced if they have any hope of winning games and avoiding giving Boston another top 5 pick. To me the trade bait would be Spacek, who would at least cover part of Kaberles time and is signed for another year. We would need to get rid of one of D to make room and Spacek fits the bill.

He needs draft picks, preferably 1st round, or prospects that could help his team in the short term. To me that's Desharnais or Maxwell. There isn't much room for them here but they'd play good minutes in TO.

Kaberle for Maxwell/Desharnais and Spacek would be good return for Burke for a player he's going to lose at the end of the year anyway. Most teams (except him) aren't willing to give up 1st rounders for a rental, even if that rental is for more 1/2 the year.

Kaberle is not worth a 1st rounder

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote