View Single Post
Old
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Some of us just don't have several hundred dollars to blow on a jersey for a player that may be gone next year.
I'm going to agree with this sentiment. As much as standing out by having a jersey with an underrated/obscure player's name on it's back is cool, I'd still opt for one that has a name of someone that I know will be around for a while.

I remember back in Christmas of '99 I asked for a jersey of a Flyer I didn't have yet as a gift. I gave a list of players names that I'd like to be on said jersey and my mom picked up a Brind'Amour one. He was gone to Carolina 2 months later. She felt worse about it than I did. I also got a gift last September from my father and his girlfriend in return for some favors I did, it was a Cliff Lee jersey. I still wear both of them with pride, but I sometimes feel like it would've been nice if I had them a little longer before seeing them on the On-Sale rack in sporting goods stores.

That being said, who knows how much of Prongs contract he will be around for as he's up there in age and although isn't injury prone, he's had a few. Unless there's some blockbuster deal, Richards and Carter will be factors here for years to come, whereas Giroux's contract is comparatively shorter. Still I don't think the Flyers would let him go, that is why I'm leaning towards Giroux for my answer.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote