View Single Post
12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
I already expressly stated I was wrong about Sid not edging out Stevie after 5 years and I'm not going to get into the rest of the peak/career value stuff with you, especially if Adjusted craps is the main basis of your argument.

...and once again I say Crosby is still closer to the Yzerman's ect than to Gretz and Mario. He hasn't even caught Jagr yet in the majority of opinions for pete's sake.
Same ballpark my ass, he's not even on the same continent yet.

Oh and you most certainly stated that Crosby's skill set was on par with Gretzky's, even saying that you thought Gretzky would even agree with that ridiculous statement.

I think Devil answered this one pretty clearly already.
I know that you don't like adjsuted stats and believe somehow that a goal is the same in 1982 than it is in 2011, not sure when you are going to face reality on that issue.

As for Wayne and Marios' wingers, they were alot better than Sid's in their big scoring years. Both those teams had some really good scorers and both teams played pretty offensive styles, can't remember either Wayne or Mario spending much time on defense.

Look Sid has a long way to go to match Wayne's or Mario's career but he is closer to Wayne than Stevie Y after 5 seasons IMO, but if you refuse to look at the difference in the abilty to score goals in Stevie Y's days to now then I can see why you are stuck on your opinion.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote