View Single Post
Old
12-07-2010, 07:02 AM
kicksave27

vCash: 500
It's just the way it is now. Having grown up with the 80's style and taking instruction in the 90's in to the modern fly style. Robert Esche actually used to drive me bonkers with it as well, since he was usually half way across the net when a guy was taking a sharp angle shot, st louis and briere killed him.

I'm with you, the more sharp the angle the more upright I get and hug the post. But all goalies except nabby & brodeur are going to be in the knee down and ready to push across position. If you are going to take away everything low, it's going to open holes elsewhere. But they should be able to read the situation as well, Kane on leighton is a great example. Kane didn't have a pass option, leighton should be standing straight up at the post, though most fly goalies can't seal 5 hole standing straight up anymore either. So it probably still would have went in.

Oddly the goalie position to a great degree has become less athletic and more size oriented, like tall white centers in basketball. Little guys back in the old day could really move. Bob is one of the quickest goalies I've seen in a long time, I'd much rather try to work on technique with him, than try to make leighton faster.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote