View Single Post
Old
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been a finalist for the job in Minnesota if he was incapable of doing the job. And to think some random poster on a message board knows more about the CBA than a guy like Pierre is just laughable.
Ever heard of sarcasim? My point was this, part of the reason that Feaster was brought in as assistant GM of the Flames was because of his knowledge of CBA and to assist Sutter on those intricate details. I do not doubt that Pierre knows mountains more about the CBA than the average fan does (which isn't hard BTW), but I am sure there are other candidates available that are much more familar with it than Pierre because they work with it on a day to day basis. In a cap world, it is very important for GM to be cap savy. IMO, Pierre would be better utilized as an assistant and learn the business side of operations to running an NHL team for a few years before he actually becomes the main guy in charge. I think he may have the tools to be a good GM, but I do not think he has the experience to be a top one right now. Button was supposed to be a scouting genious too, and we all know how that turned out.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote