Old
12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
This is Kotalik all over again.
Kotalik was a complete abomination on the ice. He lost 90% of 1-on-1 battles, was defensively incompetent, couldn't handle the puck, and ultimately became a liability on the point. Yet, he wanted more ice-time. . . .

Frolov hasn't played bad.... He just hasn't played good. Unlike Kotalik, Frolov puts a respectable effort in all three zones.

Not suggesting Fro deserves what he's asking for. As far as I'm concerned, our coach has said he's going to reward players with more ice-time if they earn it. I love that mentality. Our team is composed of "hard working players", so Frolov should know he has to do more than just hustle if he wants that opportunity.

Kotalik also had a 3yr/9M contract with a limited ntc (which apparently don't exist in Sathers world). Frolov's on a tryout; he has a lot more pressure than Kots.

I think Frolov's a goner when Prospal eventually returns. He doesn't really fit this team. Dubinsky has solidified himself as a top-6 LW. He'll have success opposite Gabs or Cally. Frolov was supposed to be that other option there and he just hasn't performed.

Seems like the only goals he's capable of scoring nowadays are down-low. He has no confidence in his shot. At all. No wrister, no slapper. He's solid along the boards, but so was ****ing Marcel Hossa. I'd rather see him create his own scoring chances and fail (short-term), than watch him score one of his patented wraparounds that somehow get passed the goalie.

Still think we should have traded for Versteeg when he was available.. (Or Byf)

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote