View Single Post
Old
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
This aint working. Time to shake things up. Two trades that would make us a contender in the near future.

Trade 1.
Drury, Rozsival, Frolov, McD, and two 1st round picks for Kaberle and Komisarek.

//In terms of contracts, the A and O of any deal these days, Toronto trades 4 years of Komisarek, their 6th D on many nights, at 4.5m per, for 1 year of Drury. And Kaberle for Rozsival and Frolov. The picks and McD is in there to spice it up. Toronto gets a D who can provide what Komisarek is providing now, in a year or two, but much cheaper, in McD and Burke gets back som picks. After next year, Toronto opens up a lot of cap room when everyone they got is off the books.

I am sure Drury would waive his NMC to get to Toronto and to get out of NY.

Trade 2.
Kaberle and Anisimov for LeCavalier, Dom Moore, Randy Jones and a 2nd round pick.
//Its Stamkos team now. I know that Yzerman would love to have a D like Kaberle in Tampa. He have seen Lidström move the puck for Det for years, and while Kaberle aint Lidström -- he can move the puck. I can't see Tampa turning down this package.

Call Up/Demotion
Send down Gilroy and call up MZA.

Lineup
Unit 1
Prospal-LeCavalier-MZA//A strong experienced 1st line. In that role, MZA would be able to play his game, and would give this team a level of creativity we have not seen in a while. As MZA grows into his role, Prospal on the left wing, or whoever fills in for him, can be replaced by a more unexperienced player. LeCavalier would be awesome to have. Many talk about the kid like he is old, but he is only 31 y/o. He have 5-6 years of top notch hockey in him. One of the best PP-players in the league.
Staal-Girardi

Unit 2
Avery-Stepan-Gaborik//Behind a real 1st line center Stepan would get a lot more comfortable. Good mix on this line. They would be lethal going up against the "2nd best" the other team have.
MDZ-Komisarek//I can see this D-pair grow.

Unit 3
Dubinsky-D. Moore-Callahan//This line would have awesome energy. Would be one of the best 3rd lines in the league.
R. Jones-M. Sauer//Torts get his D-pairings, and a old pall in Randy J.

4th line
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard

PP1
Callahan-Stepan-Gaborik//Would be a awesome PP. LeCavalier can run a PP with the best of them. Cally brings the righthanded shot (a weakness on my roster above). Stepan would raise to the occasion as the playmaking center down low.
MDZ-LeCavalier

Overall:
Our top 3 lines would be very very strong. Our PP would be great. We would add some toughness on the blueline.

Our farm:
We would have a tremendously young team in the NHL. On LW we have Grachev in the farm, on RW we have Kreider. We wouldn't have much on the blueline, untill McI arrives -- but our top 4 in the NHL have like a avg age of less then 25... I don't think we would miss the two firstrounders much. With Gabby and Hank in their prime, with Staal, Dubi, Cally and co establishing themselfs, our time isn't to contend in 6-7 years, its in 2-5 years.

Cap
We loose draftpicks and gain capspace.
so you want to trade our top defensive prospect, 2 first round draft picks, and AA who is having a solid season even considering his slump...for, in essence, Vinny Lecavelier and his horrible contract, and mike komisarek, and his horrible contract.

Sather, that you?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote