View Single Post
Old
12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
They don't have to play politics with this choice. Tinordi simply isn't playing at a level where you could consider him as a candidate for a national team. He's barely at a marginal OHL level right now. Without his size and his reputation/perceived upside, he would be in a lot of trouble just as an everyday OHLer. And yes, that is a dire circumstance for an NHL 1st round pick. I don't think it needs to be sugarcoated. He has struggled. There's lots of time for him to turn things around. I've only see the Knights twice this year. He doesn't look like an NHL 1st round draft pick to me. Or even 2nd or 3rd round pick... most of those guys, once picked, stand out on their OHL teams. Tinordi hasn't had the benefit of prior experience in the OHL, as most drafted OHLers already have. But still, concern is IMHO warranted. The Habs could have had two US National team defensemen 27th and 57th, but opted for Tinordi instead. Until he turns it around, I think it's fair game to question it now, even while understanding that it's early and that there's plenty of time left.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote