View Single Post
Old
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Discussing opposite situations for different seasons altogether doesn't change anything? That's ridiculous. You brought in the red herring out of context, you could at least be reasonable and acknowledge the point made....but wait...no...

...our problem is our depth? Interesting. Bring on the injuries so Wellwood can outperform our top 6, maybe Timonen gets injured and Bartulis shows he has #2 capability? Stanley Cup here we come.

If Briere/Carter/Top 6 Winger/Multiple Goaltenders/Betts miss significant time like the previous seasons (which they have not), we are not looking at the same spot in Standings today. It's not the same thing whatsoever, in fact that's why we're lucky.
It's actually the D that worries me the most.

I mean, we've been getting really strong minutes out of the old guys, but Kimmo, Pronger, and O'Donnell are all over 35 and thus, a bit more susceptible to injury especially when you consider that Kimmo and Pronger had 100 game seasons last year plus the Olympics.

I've been encouraged that we've been keeping Kimmo and Pronger to 22-23 minutes, but realistically, if anybody in that top-6 goes down, I am skeptical about Bartulis' ability as an NHL d-man right now (he is not good defensively).

So I mean, if one of the 4 of Coburn, Carle, Mes, OD gets hurt, that's definitely significantly increased minutes for Pronger/Kimmo because I don't think anyone trusts Bart/Walker to play a regular shift and if one of Kimmo/Pronger gets hurt, well, that's a bit of a disaster.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote