View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather moved Matt Cullen's contract. He moved the Scott Gomez contract. He moved the Ales Kotalik contract. He moved the Donald Brashear 35 plus contract(kind of screwed up the idea of the trade by keeping White but if he is demoted within the next 10-14 days,the Rangers saved some money in the deal). Didn't give up picks or young assets to move those contracts and didn't assume similar bad contracts in return.

Summer time moves.

Michal Rozsival. $3 million salary in 11-12. Last year of contract. Rangers have paid off 85% of the contract.

Chris Drury. $5 million salary in 11-12. Last year contract. Again,the Rangers have paid off between 85-86% of the contract. If the Rangers approached Drury about a trade,he could look at it at as they don't want me anymore so maybe it's time to go somewhere else and they definitely have no intention of re-signing me in 2012 if they want to trade me.

The Rangers would need another top 4 D if they traded Rozsival. Fedor Tyutin who plays both sides equally well or equally bad has a $2,843,750 million cap hit. $3.425 million salary next season. Sather gave him that contract. Healthy scratch last night.

I mentioned that both players, Rosy and Drury are appealing via trade for those reasons mentioned. Specifically for teams that are looking to hit the cap floor, while not spending that actual dollar amount. Handful of teams are near the floor still still. I totally agree with you as far as Drury is concerned. A true professional, and if asked to be moved I don't think he will shoot it down.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote