Thread: Lie...
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
puck10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck10 View Post
Bringing the never-ending "LIE" debate back to light, only b/c I just recently came back from my LHS, where I tried to compare/contrast the stated lies for the two major players, EASTON and BAUER.

Bauer P88 vs Bauer P92, both labeled 6, ModSquad classifies them as 5.5.. to me, P88 seemed LOWER (closer to 5.5) than the P92 (closer to 6).. would most agree?

Same thing w/ Easton.. Iginla appeared LOWER than the Sakic and the Drury was somewhere in between.

Then again, I'm certainly NO expert, and may or may not have been measuring the lies appropriately/correctly.

Given the importance of a stick's lie to one's game, it's completely FRUSTRATING as a consumer to find the right lie for you.. an expensive trial and error process, that's for sure.
As I noted earlier in this thread (above), most of us know that an EASTON Iginla (P7) 5.5 lie is NOT the same as an EASTON Sakic/Hall (P3) 5.5 lie. In my opinion, if you match the two up, the Iginla is clearly a LOWER lie than the Sakic/Hall.

I think it could be helpful for the board (and myself), to present each manufacturer’s RETAIL blade offerings in order from actual lowest lie to actual highest lie (1 being the lowest and vice versa). [Retail patterns commonly-available to the public ONLY, excluding discontinued patterns, such as the P1 Yzerman Lie 6]

Starting with EASTON, as an example:

1) P4 Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg Lie 5
2) P9 Heatley Lie 5
3) P7 Iginla Lie 5.5
4) P6 Drury/Parise Lie 5.5
5) P3 Sakic/Hall Lie 5.5
6) P8 Gaborik Lie 5.5*
7) P5 Lidstrom/Getzlaf Lie 5.5*

* (I am not familiar enough with the P8 Gaborik and P5 Lidstrom/Getzlaf to gauge their actual lies in relation to the others).

BAUER?

RBK?

WARRIOR?

What do you think? It could be helpful.

puck10 is offline   Reply With Quote