View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I don't consider them a rival anywhere close to what pitts, rags, and devs, habs are.

Actually, I kinda like washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
Nope, they're more like Tampa back in the 90's, they thought they had a rivalry with us. But, we couldn't give two ***** about them.

Pittsburgh, NY, Jersey, that's it. And the only non-division teams, on and off would be Toronto, Montreal, Boston. Everyone else is irrelevant. Just another game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Washington hate us. Not the other way around. Philly couldn't give a rats ass about OV and his team.

Personally i want to see semin gone from the caps to the western conference. The guy seems to rip us a new ******* everytime we play them, even if he doesn't get on the scoresheet. I think without semin the caps are in trouble, because the minute you contain the top line, they have nothing else to throw at you.

The flyers are in a very lucky position where they can pretty much send out the top two defensive pairs to contain ovy and backstrom, and leave their third pairing to clean the others up. Mez and OD would pretty much be a second pairing on 90% of the teams in the league.
all of these. It's a manufactured rivalry because we had an incredible playoff series a couple years ago. We had the same thing with the Leafs in the late 90s-early 00s, with all the fighters (Domi, Belak, McCabe/Marchment vs. Brashear, Fedoruk, McAllister, Richardson). Its also manufactured because we're both good teams in the east.

But no team's rivalry can match the one we have with PIT right now, again fueled by the success of both teams. If the Rangers were doing well, they'd be our primary rival, and so on.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote