Old
12-08-2010, 12:01 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Overall, I largely agree, but...

We know Legwand is going to receive top minutes shadowing the Wings top line, but Dumont and Hornqvist on the wings don't really make that possible.

Ward and Smithson or Tootoo are a more likely combo for that role. Leaving the square pegs on the fourth line. Dumont and Hornqvist need a center with offensive skill. Spaling has not yet proven to be that man. Tootoo is likely uneffective vs. Detroit and has been fading into the background the last stretch. Dumont is in the doghouse and just doesn't fit as a fourth liner. Spaling is going to likely stay in the lineup for his PK skills. And then lastly, we've got Hornqvist coming off a 30 goal season and desperately needing to find linemates that can put the puck on the net.

Too many square pegs to sort out...
I'm ok with Hornqvist on a two-way line. For those that aren't, sit Dumont (likely anyway I suspect) and have Legwand center Ward and Wilson. Move Hornqvist back with O'Reilly and Sullivan. Let Smithson, Spaling and Tootoo play on the energy line together.

It accomplishes the same goal of a scoring line and two two-way lines without neutering yourself offensively.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote