View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

vCash: 500
I've spent a good portion of my life complaining about the STM, however over the last 3 months I have nothing but praise to give them.

Ever since they implemented "10 minutes max", my bus rides have been prompt and pleasant. I consistently make it downtown in 35-45 minutes instead of 45-53 minutes, a noticeable improvement over previous years.

I have to give them a lot of credit for making that work.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the Metro's air quality is completely inhumane and unacceptable. The attitude of the STM as well needs severe restructuring. Their stupid ad campaign "J'aime tenir mon sac a dos!" is an example of their stupidity, their arrorgance and their fail at trying to be funny when giving a directive. Same thing as their one from a few years ago "Ils sont insÚparables!" referring to the BUS ID and the pass. The tone of these ads is insulting and childish IMO.

As for transportation in general, our road system sucks, especially the 40 and the 15 on the way downtown, even without road closures and accidents. It's a system that is constantly underpowered, pretty much 7 days a week. Something needs to be done (needed to be done 10 years ago)