View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I believe Stephen Weiss was on that team too. Kari Lehtonen was the Wolves goaltender.

One of the best nights of that run was when the Phantoms were losing to the Penguins 4-1 after 3. Only game I almost voluntarily left early, but I changed my seat to one closer to the exit just in case it became more apparent the Phantoms were going to lose. Instead they scored 6 in the 3rd and won 7-4, and ended the Penguins season.

Game 2 of the Finals was a double OT game in Chicago, and I believe the Wolves were favored, they won 3 of the last 4 IHL Championships and won the Calder Cup in their first season in the AHL. Ben Stafford who was on the team retired to go into the army, and last I heard was in Iraq.
My buddies and I went to pretty much every playoff game that year. We were there when Babchuck launched the water bottle into the the stands and hit some little kid because he was getting heckled so bad. We were there for that come back as well. We moved down to the glass next to some Pens fans. They were giving us some **** then hilarity ensued and they got out of the building pretty fast. They gave out those moroccos that night and I remember after that game this ice was littered with plastic pieces from them shattering. It pissed me off because no one was at any of the games and of course the final game sold out and I couldnt get tickets due to all the wagon hoppers