View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Turning point tonight was the shorthanded goal by Detroit and then Legwand getting injured immediately after the double-minor PP.

With Legwand in the lineup, the Preds were able to play more aggressively on offense and tested Detroit defensively nearly as much as they tested us. Our forecheck was flying, we were getting long cycles deep in their end, and forcing their top players to play defense more than they were able to go on the offense.

When Legwand left late in the second, things just totally changed in that department. Without his two-way skill in there to make things click, Detroit really honed in on the top-six and stepped up their forechecking game disrupting our breakouts and forcing us to defend far more than we went on offense.

Thankfully, Dumont took advantage of the miscue by Detroit and Klein read the turnover and hopped up into the play to create the 2 on 1 because otherwise, I didn't really see us generating any legitimate offensive chances the rest of the period. Dumont's goal was HUGE and showed the reason he was in the lineup over Tootoo tonight.

As I said last night, Tootoo's skill set just didn't match up vs. Detroit whereas Dumont's did. I'm just glad to see it work out!

Hoping seriously that they recall Lundmark to replace Legwand if David is going to miss time. Jamie started slow in the AHL, but has 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points in his last 5 games. He is good at both ends of the rink and works his tail off. With 3 games in 5 nights coming up the team cannot go into another offensive funk without Leggy in the lineup...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote