Thread: Islanders Point Blank: Point Blank TV: Brendan Witt
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Hockify

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Slow player, bad system, we have people that believe the system is great (team said so), so Witt is worthless.

Slow player, stays back and hits, trap system, used as a #4 or 5.....he's pretty valuable.

I sided with the second one, and still do, but if we have no choice but to think Gorto was a brilliant coach and only fast players are worth anything in the NUU NHL, then I guess I get your point.

But there are slower players than Witt on better teams. Our team had a disease and a symptom of that disease was Gordon's hiring. A complication arose when quality players started playing badly.

I wonder if Park was ruined as well. Hmm.....but that would mean one would have to assume Gordon was not a great coach/hire.

I never complained about Witt for the record.....I was the guy bashed for stating quality guys were being misused.
Nope not that I ever remember seeing. But you remember piles of people all over him right? They said how bad he looked and they were all happy he was gone saying things like good riddance aside from only a couple of people (like you) and now they miss him and say how nice it would be if he was still here and he got screwed over and things like that? Doesn't make sense the way people do 180's without even acknowledging they do it.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote