Thread: Islanders Point Blank: Point Blank TV: Brendan Witt
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
Gordon having a vendetta against Witt last season has nothing to do with Witt not being in the NHL this season. Brendan currently doesn't have a contract because he did not display that he could play effectively in the NHL anymore. I'm sure if he wanted to play in the AHL or Europe (he said in Botta's interview that he had an offer from the KHL), he could be doing so. But the guy is holding out for a NHL deal though as more time passes, he's less likely to get one. It's sad as I liked him a lot as a player, but it's a fact of life for all players eventually.

And perhaps Gordon did not want anyone on the team that didn't completely buy into his system. This is fine as a team needs to all be on the same page to be successful. But to have a meeting with a player and state that you've got it in for him (if Witt is to be believed. Like Richie said, we've only heard one side of the story) seems to be pretty unprofessional and immature. I'm surprised by as you don't hear about this type of behavior from coaches very often, but based on his very public temper tantrums brought on by his reaction to media criticism, I can defintely see his problem with Witt handled the way Brendan claims.

Although in fairness to Gordon, I must admit that I thought it was great when he stormed out of that interview with that ass Rob Carlin!

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote