View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
-DeMo-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post
Let's just take a step back and watch it unfold. This is a microcosm of the higher than realistic expectations of this young hockey team.

We are younger than Edmonton, but the effin media makes excuses for them all the time as a "young" team finding their way.

However, they are like, why the heck can't the leafs win and be a guarantee for the playoffs?
I realize that the expectations of this team are way to high personally I predicted a 11th-12th place finish prior to the season so the leafs are right where I believed they would be however about your point about Edmonton and Toronto the clear difference is if Edmonton plays bad and loses they get rewarded with another top young player, Toronto doesn't have this luxury since that top young player will be given to a team in there division, also it has been stated in the media by both teams the direction there teams should be headed, Edmonton is rebuilding and Toronto is pushing to make the playoffs and thats why the expectations are different on the 2 teams even tho were the younger of the 2

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote