View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Start Leighton*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I'd like to see a DP forward to help take the stress off Le Toux and Mwanga. Not sold on Juan Pablo Angel, but anything beats Alejandro Moreno.

I HEARD the Union were interested in Robbie Keane (Irish National Forward) who used to start for Tottenham Hotspur, but he is 30 and is losing a lot of playing time to some of the Spurs younger guys, and MLS might be next on his list.

As an Irish-American, I would buy his jersey if we got him. Heck, just looking at the lineup with Mondragon and Keane in would be a HUGE upgrade over what we had last season, and both those vets could do wonders for developing some of our young guys.
Yea that would be nice. I am excited to see what Mwanga will do in his second season. I have never seen Keane play but if he started for Tottenham I would figure he would be one of the best players in the MLS.

In a fantasy world of mine I wish we could sign Del Piero when his contract is up at the end of this season. I know there is zero chance of this happening. Because if for some odd reason the Juve doesn't keep him he will probably wind up in the EPL.