Thread: Speculation: Possible trade with St Louis?
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
wraith985

vCash: 500
Honestly, for the price we're willing to pay and the return we're expecting to get, Carlo Colaiacovo might be the Sharks' best target from St. Louis. He's 27, on a short-term deal that's relatively cheap ($2.125M cap hit, $1.75M this year and $2.5M next), and from what I've seen of him is a pretty good player with decent offensive instincts. 30 and 32 points the last two years, and 9 points in 19 games this year (although he's also -8 on the year). I defer to someone else's expertise in parsing the advanced statistics, but on the surface that doesn't sound like a bad proposition.

Earlier in his career I know he had unbelievably bad luck with injuries, but he's played 73 and 67 games over the last two years, so while his injury history is worrisome it's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, at least not any moreso than Willie Mitchell's would have been.

Dangle a Torrey Mitchell or Jamie McGinn (or a not-1st-round pick) at St. Lou and see if they bite, perhaps. It certainly shouldn't cost much more than that.

Last edited by wraith985: 12-09-2010 at 03:44 PM.
wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote