Thread: Speculation: Possible trade with St Louis?
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Lebanezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith985 View Post
Honestly, for the price we're willing to pay and the return we're expecting to get, Carlo Colaiacovo might be the Sharks' best target from St. Louis. He's 27, on a short-term deal that's relatively cheap ($2.125M cap hit, $1.75M this year and $2.5M next), and from what I've seen of him is a pretty good player with decent offensive instincts. 30 and 32 points the last two years, and 9 points in 19 games this year.

Earlier in his career I know he had unbelievably bad luck with injuries, but he's played 73 and 67 games over the last two years, so while his injury history is worrisome it's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, at least not any moreso than Willie Mitchell's would have been.

Dangle a Torrey Mitchell or Jamie McGinn (or a not-1st-round pick) at St. Lou and see if they bite, perhaps. It certainly shouldn't cost much more than that.
St. Louis said they want a scoring forward, so that certainly eliminates Mitchell, if not both of them. Sharks need to think big when they go out to acquire a dman, no more stop gaps. We need a stud or future stud.

Lebanezer is online now   Reply With Quote