View Single Post
Old
12-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
agreed...his game has settled down somewhat since that horrific game against the Aves.

that said i don't mind the scratch and honestly wouldn't even mind sending him down to the AHL to work on some kinks for a while.

We could showcase Gilroy for the deadline and hopefully get some sort of return for him, than call MDZ back up and let him play out the rest of the year. Just an idea
Yea the scratch wouldve served it's purpose after that avs game. Since then he's tightened it up somewhat. At the beginnin of the season when he was playing ahl level defense contributing next to no offense the ahl could have been and option but now a demotion to the 3rd pairing or a few scratches would do the trick he's an NHL level player now he just needs a breather to step back and evaluate himself hopefully he's done that the past few days and tonight. An ahl demotion is a but much at this point in his career. I'm sure he knew about it ahead of time. I do agree we should try and play gilroy as much as possible to showcase him, he's capable but I doubt a lot of gms know that.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote