View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85

Mizral's not a troll. He's an Oiler fan! Just ask him. Its ironic that he's an Oiler fan that largely sees the Oilers in a negative light (with some exceptions Miz...relax...) He has his views, and he will ram them down your throat unless proven quantifiably wrong. He'll also squirm out of out and out bald-face mistakes by "clarifying" his position.

IE: "Hemsky must fill Marchant's void somewhat"...becomes..."Hemsky must fill the POINTS that Marchant left"

Another example:
"not Minnesota as 'the team', but Minnesota as 'what's going on there'"...basically when confronted with the ambiguosness of his position, he slides sideways instead of admitting he might be wrong...

Its very hard to debate someone who's opinion is "the Oilers aren't very good and I have no idea why."

Hey Miz...I've said it before, I like your posts. At least I used to like your posts. I respect your opinion, and your right to be wrong. But you're not just voicing your opinions lately, you seem to be actively courting the role of devil's advocate just to garner attention.

You probably know a lot more about the Canucks than most of us do, but you don't see us trolling your board constantly. Whether you admit it or not, your knowledge of the Oilers, recent events in Edmonton (re: Dopita, Weight trade etc...) and our prospects is extremely lacking...

My question is, why come back with post after post arguing points that are almost universally disputed here. I understand that you think some of us are homers, but since almost everyone here disagrees with *most* of what you're spewing...are we ALL homers? Or is their even the slightest chance that you don't really get the whole picture?

oil_85,

Like I've said before, I don't think I'm too negative of a fan. I think my posts have essentially become flame bait. To note: The other day I posted how I felt the Oilers clearly won the Guerin trade. The response? A poster saying how stupid I was for thinking the Bruins won the trade.

The two notes you posted (Marchant & Minnesota) I simply did not clarify properly. I truely did mean what I clarified it as, it seems I was largely misunderstood in that post, I could have posted it much better.

As for my posts, I do not post them to be ignored, but I do not post them for shock value either. I truely do believe what I am posting. I post off the top of my head, it is more truthful that way. That causes mistakes in my posts, I do not always double-check facts. Does that make me a poor poster? Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
Whether you admit it or not, your knowledge of the Oilers, recent events in Edmonton (re: Dopita, Weight trade etc...) and our prospects is extremely lacking...
Extremely lacking? This is where I take exception. What do you guys know moreso than me? About a month ago, on another Oilers messageboard, I posted how I felt Rita would not make the opening night linemate. I was ruthlessly mocked and ridiculed for my 'lack of knowledge on Oilers prospects'. I'm hardly always right, but extremely lacking? In that respect, I was prooved to 'know' more than Oiler fans who know quite a bit.

(I recall there was a Chimera/Rita thread on this board a while ago that also ended up working in the way I felt it would, and many others were proven wrong there too. I'm not trying to brag on this particular issue, because I'm sure you guys can look up a post where I felt that Ferguson wouldn't crack the lineup either. Still, sometimes what might seem like the 'negative' thing at the time ends up being exactly what happens.)

I don't think that most people disagree with everything I'm saying - some do for certain. I've read posts in response to me of people saying, 'I agree, ...' about as much as, 'You are drunk'.

Yes, there is a chance I don't get the whole picture! Like I said, I never said I'm 100% right, or an expert in any way shape or form. Just voicing my opinion.

Anyhow,

I've decided I'm going to start fresh on the two Oiler boards and try to be more positive, and keep the negative things to myself (for the most part). I won't completely stop saying some things I don't think are right, but as I said, I will attempt to be more positive. I'm quite sick of threads like these, as I'm sure many of you are as well. I can be stubborn and continue arguements too much, and I'll attempt to avoid issues that say too much negative stuff, especially about management which seems to be a 'With us or against us' type of issue.

Consider this a fresh start for me on this board, folks. Let's see if we can keep things more amicable, especially with you guys whom I consider possibly the best group of posters on these boards (as a team), and folks whom I consider allies, not enemies (so to speak).