View Single Post
Old
10-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Panthers are in need of scoring wingers?

THat is thier main strength.
Expented goals for each winger
Kozlov 20-25, Huselius 30+, Bure25-30, Horton 15, Nilson 15 to a lesser extent. Hagman 15

Now, Shvidki is a player who has great speed, great hockey scence, a phenomenal wrist shot, and great stickhandling. He hasn't gotten a chanch to succeed in the NHL yet as Keenan dislikes him. He's also had unfortunate injuries. I hope no one picks him up and his salary is 1.2 mil but whoever does has a huge steal. He could possible become the best of the 99 first rounders if given a chance.
Kozlov i'll give you, though i still like him better at center, huselius should be good for 30. Bure depends on which version shows up, Horton might get 15, but this isnt columbus and he's not getting as much ice time as nash did. He'll be good, but give him time. Nilson at 15? cmon 15 isnt a scoring winger. Hagman is also in that boat.

Fact is Shvidki just hasnt proven enough to warrant icetime and the rangers already have Keefe, Lundmark, Moore, Murray and possibly Jessiman at forward.

Shvidki has a WORLD of talent but too many question marks and disappointment dating back to his OHL days. Hagman and Nilsson are nice forwards but i hardly think they block a kid like Shvidki from making an impression.

Shvidki could be a good scorer but he's like brendl in it's boom or bust. He wont be a checker or a defensive forward {heerema,fata,keefe} he's either gonna score or he's not and so far the results havent been the best.