View Single Post
Old
12-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Vanek would be nice, but I just can't see it happening. The Kings always end up with the lesser known talent who will make smaller contributions, which fits in with all of their previous mid-season/trade deadline acquisitions going back to Donald Audette, to Kelly Buchberger and Nelson Emerson, Cliff Ronning, Dmitry Yushkevich, Martin Straka, Anson Carter, Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel, Jeff Halpern, Fred Modin...

The Kings generally don't make a big splash, as I sense that Lombardi doesn't like to disrupt the makeup and chemistry of the team much. I think the last bold move he made would probably be when he dealt Visnovsky for Stoll and Greene, or arguably trading O'Sullivan for Williams (although that is a trade that made a ton of sense then and looks like highway robbery now).

I could see them pulling off another trade similar to the one that brought Williams to LA, which is taking on a low risk with the potential for a big payoff, which is what Sturm could be. That was the approach with Modin and it turned out to work well for the Kings for the short amount of time Modin spent with the Kings.