View Single Post
Old
12-10-2010, 01:26 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Ick. I want Smithson gone as soon as possible. I know what his "value" is but Spaling does everything Smithson does and honestly, I believe he does it better and will continue to improve. Honestly, I'd rather see a 4th line of Spaling centering Ward and Tootoo. That would make the most sense to me as a 4th line. We'd still get some scoring with some grinders on it as well. We can use Spaling and Ward as a top pairing PK unit and fill in units 2 and 3 from Legwand, Erat, SK, O'Reilly and whoever else we have at forward next year.
This is the reason I have problems with Trotz. Smithson's time has come to end but he's Trotz boy along with Tootoo. If your going to have a shutdown line you need leggy and ward and spaling to play together and they are going to get the minutes due to playing the top line. Spaling would give that line a lot better chance at scoring than Smithson ever does. Smithson should go to the 4th line. He's great on pk
and energy line. But with Leggy and Ward they are all shutdown and no O. Another thing I wanted to say is that Dumont's goal was huge. That showed that the goal was a goal scorers's goal. Knowing how to setup the goalie on a 2 on one. That's something you can't teach. Dumont can help this team if he would just shoot. He is a goal scorer. Trotz doesn't understand O at all. He thinks that goals are all grind goals. They are not. More so in the playoffs. O dicates the D not the other way around. Trotz's dump and chase will keep you competitive but you won't win in the playoffs.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote