View Single Post
Old
12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
MTL beats us in the regular season, yet we eliminated them twice in recent years.

Even if we go 500 against pens in reg season, they have owned us in the playoffs, you cant ignore that
They did eliminate us twice. However, Malkin was the main reason we were elminated two years ago. He has not been good in the playoffs or regular season for over a year now. They had Gonchar, Hossa, Guerin, Colby Armstrong and many other pieces that were huge for them. We never had Pronger, Leino, Giroux, JVR, Meszaros, O'donnell, Bob, etc.

In other words, while they beat us twice, we have the horses to beat them this year. In fact, I believe looking at both lineups, we have the better team. A couple years back, I would not have said that. They had better goalies, D and forwards. Now, I think we have better goalies (assuming Bob does not hit the rookie wall and Fleury remains inconsistent), we have similar D and forwards.

Your right, but the 2010-2011 Flyers are different than the Flyer teams they beat. So, this regular season is very important to show we can beat them. So far, so good. If we win the season series, there is no reason to think we can't win a playoff series. After all, our players are known for "uping" their game when it counts as much as theirs are.

Bring it. I can't wait to see it.