View Single Post
Old
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I'll be watching this one at a buddies house. Generally a lot cheaper, plus the whole drinking and driving is thrown out the window as I have a bed/couch to sleep on.
Yeah UFC President Dana White has mentioned often that many of their PPV buys are guys just getting together at one house with some pizza and beer or whatever. It is a great way to go with the price of PPVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBell84 View Post
I swear BP was integral in the last five years of UFC fanbase development in Canada.. Alberta at least.

I worked closely with some BP promotional management around Calgary and saw the encouragement they got from the UFC to show their events. They took this partnerships very seriously.

The other thing I realized is how closely the UFC likes to control their image.. They were very vehement that the $10 door be mandatory to maintain the premium feel to their big events, but a lot of the restaurants throw free drinks with admission to get the night started
Thanks for that, it gives a little more insight into how this whole thing works. BP seems to be a big time booster. I know when I was back visiting my parents last time. I seen a bunch of signs around Red Deer advertising viewing parties at various locations. I wonder if the UFC opening Canadian based operations / offices a couple years ago helped push the area along? Yeah the UFC seems to control their image very tightly all the way down to as you say BP viewing parties.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 12-10-2010 at 05:28 PM.