Thread: All-era team
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2010, 12:35 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
The "etc." was covering those. haha... but I have to admit that I choose to forget Eminger on purpose.

But seriously, the real 'projects' that Clarke would drool over and deal for where the very highly drafted players that came out of Juniors with raves that suggested the Next Coming of Gretzky -- like Crosby, only wrong -- The ones that when they came up were either too lazy or didn't have the drive... Clarke would gather them up like Halloween candy. Three that quickly come to mind are Falloon, Daigle and Brendl... but I'm sure someone with better memory than myself will list others.

I remember the Flyers roster always being comprised with loads of top five choice, and most of them duds... In fact, it seems that over the years the Flyers have always made it a point to have as many past first round selections as possible. If I weren't so lazy I'd look at this year's roster and count how many first rounders are presently on it... I just may do that for fun.

EDIT: here is what I found on the current roster...

11 players are 1st rounders
5 are top tens
5 are their own

Briere #24 Overall
*Carter #11
*Giroux #22
Hartnell #6
*Richards #24
Zherdev #4
*JvR #2
Coburn #8
Meszcaros #23
Pronger #2
*Boucher #22

* = Flyers selection
I also find it crazy that Timonen was selected with one of the last picks in the 10th (out of 11) round of his draft year.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote