Lets go watch a Nödl: tips for Flyers game?
View Single Post
12-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Failure is an Option
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Originally Posted by
i'll have the opportunity to watch (my first NHL game) flyers-penguins on dec. 14 in philadelphia. i'm there for a huge meeting and very much like the idea to steal away from there to see a fellow austrian battling with the big guys.
therefore i have a few questions, it would be really great to get more infos:
1) where should i sit? lower level? its something special for me to be able to go to a nhl game so the ~100$ are fine
2) how long before 7:00 pm should I be at the game?
3) is there a nice sports bar for fans to get into "game-mood" near the stadium?
thanks a lot !!
1. Personally I prefer sitting up stairs. I find watching from up their gives a much better angle to see what is happening all over the ice and see plays develop. The optimal set IMO is Section 201 row 1 seat 5 (which is the front row on the second level at center ice on the side be hind the benches).
2. Personally I like to get there around 6 (or an hour before the start time) this way I can go down and watch warm ups then after that there is a decent amount of time to walk around get food or drink and get to your seat with out much fuss.
3. As someone else said there is a Chickie's & Pete's at the Wells Fargo center though it is a bit pricey of course. Other than that I'm not aware of any places in that area.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by whatthef