View Single Post
Old
12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
isnt that what the shoot outs are for? personally i prefer stuff like that compared to the guys who just fake and shoot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I disagree. Think it was a fine goal, the whole point of the shootout is to try flamboyant stuff, even if it doesn't directly effect the point of the sport. Why go strike down a player when he does exactly that?
The difference is the kid is playing in his first NHL game. Walking in like you own the place, while impressive, is gonna put a target on your back. I guarantee you he's gonna be receiving some big hits in the coming weeks. He better hope he's not going against Philly anytime soon.

All i'm saying is, if you do that in your first NHL game, guys are going to welcome you to the NHL the "proper" way and he and his teammates better be ready for it. There's a reason there aren't a ton of ego's in hockey, and that's because it's a humbling sport. And this kid has yet to be humbled.

But i take nothing away from his obvious skills. The goal was sick, and if that kid was in a Panther's jersey doing that, i would've crapped my pants out of excitement.