View Single Post
Old
12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I will not dispute anything that you say, because yes it is obvious now that we did keep the right player if a decision had to of been made between the 2. I just think that Sutter should of found a way to keep Stralman on the roster. Last year we had Dion, Bouw, Regehr, Sarich and Gio. Then we had Pardy and Stralman competing for the 6 and 7th spots on defence. Stralman would of easily been the best choice to have for our 6th defenceman. Pardy did just sign a new contract so moving him would of made no sense, but he could of occupied the 7th spot. Sutter later in the season traded for Johnson so he obviously felt we needed more depth on our defence last year, so why not would of he kept Stralman around?

I do not think it had to of been one or the other between Stralman or Gio. Stralman is a right handed shot and Gio is left, and Stralman's current cap hit is 1.95 million which could easily fit under our current cap. As of today I would of rather of had Stralman over White, Babchuk, Staios and Pardy. And I think for his offensive upside alone I would rather have him over Sarich as well. We traded Stralman for a 3rd round which is a bit low, I think his value is that of a 2nd round pick. Basically I would of rather of kept Stralman in the organization rather than lose him for a 3rd round pick.
Stralman would make White and Babchuk look like Regehr defensively... the guy has zero defensive awareness... as for last season you forget that Kronwall was in the equation too and won the #7 spot over Stralman... Johnson was only acquired after Sarich was hurt

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote