Thread: Kings News: Marco Sturm traded to the Kings
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2010, 08:39 PM
santiclaws

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
From a risk reward standpoint, this deal isn't horrible, but I'll be stunned if the guy makes the contribution many of you think he's going to make.

He's had reconstructive knee surgeries on both knees the last two years. Remember how bad Handzus was his first season with the Kings coming off of knee surgery and he was 29 at the time. Sturm is 32 and plays a speed game. And not just ACL surgery.. Meniscus on his Left knee with ACL and MCL & ACL on the right knee.

I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this won't work out as well as many of you think it will and I certainly wouldn't put him on the #1 line. He's not the guy the Kings need for the #1 line... probably help the Kings most on the PK, which of course is the Kings biggest area of strength.

Sorry, but I think it's a waste of Cap Space and I'd rather see the Kings give up a player of some substance and a higher pick to get a more talented, healthier guy to set up Anze on the top line than do this little dinky low risk/medium reward move.

but again I hope I'm wrong.
Last time he was coming off knee surgery he scored 22. Pro athletes these days commonly recover to 100% after ACL/MCL tears. At worst, the Kings lose a bit of cap space they weren't going to use. They still have enough cap room to pick up just about any cap hit at the trade deadline.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote